Thursday, May 1, 2008

Project Paris


Several months ago now (work got in the way :) ), I started reading Project Paris. This week I picked up the book again to continue the story. At first I wasn't hooked, but with the last chapter I read, it has become more interesting. The lead character, Imogene, goes to Paris to work in fashion, her dream. Not everything is so smooth, though. She is almost sent back to New York because fashion week is canceled (quel horreur!) when she stumbles upon a new "designer". I'm excited to see how the rest of the book turns out.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bade said...

Sounds like a fun book! Are you going to use it in any of your French classes or is this purely for recreational reading?

Anonymous said...

For recreation. After I was a few chapters in, it was apparent that I could not use it in class. It's entertaining, but took a long time to get into. The 2nd half of the book is better than the first.