Thursday, May 31, 2007

BEWARE: Extremely long blog!

So, we get out of school in less than a week. One thing I can't wait for is now I have time to read all of the books that I wanted to but couldn't because of all the assignments that we got. Stupid assignments!!! (Sorry to the teachers that are reading this!) But anyways, hopefully I'll get a lot of reading in.

Book: A Clockwork Orange
The book that I want to read this summer (and I think is a total summer reading book because of the style of writing) is A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. From what I've heard, it's supposed to be an amazing book & movie. I have tried reading it for the last couple days and it's sort of hard to understand, but once you've been reading it for a little while you sort of 'grow' into the writing. I don't know if that made any sense, but oh well!

Author: Meg Rosoff
A book that I have tried to read is Just In Case which is by Meg Rosoff. She also wrote the book How I Live Now. What I have to say about the book is that it wasn't very good. I don't like her style of writing and it just gets very uninteresting. Just In Case was about a boy who feels like fate is out to get him so he tries to reinvent himself. One of the things that I don't get is how he has an imaginary dog, but no one seems to see him. If you've read this book, can you explain it to me, please?!

Book: The Blue Girl
Anyways! The book that I am now reading is The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint. It's a fantesy book and they don't usual fit my fancy but all I have to say about this book is: WOW! It's about a girl named Imogene who is 17 and moves to a new town and becomes friends with a girl named Maxine. Everything seems to be going fine until she meets Ghost and his little fairy pals. I think that is all that I am going to give out, because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who is planning on reading it. I'm only about a little over halfway through, but I love it and want to read more of his books this summer.

I know this has been a long blog, and if you've read it, I give you props because it probably wasn't very interesting. But, if you have any books that you would recommend for summer reading, please tell me!
Thank you!

1 comment:

Mrs. Bade said...

Victoria,
Your blog was very interesting. It will be fun to see if we like How I Live Now by Rosoff. Since you didn't like her other book, I wonder if this one will be ok. Remeber that is the book that was supposed to be so controversial?

Victoria, I hope you blog, blog, blog this summer! I'm excited to see what you are reading!!!!!!!!!!!!