Saturday, July 28, 2007

Reading King Dork


I just started King Dork by Frank Portman. I really don't like the title because it sounds like a hokey young adult lit book BUT it is really fresh and very intelligent writing, I think. I find the main character very witty, funny and sarcastic.

It's about a sophomore boy who is a total geek. He has one friend at his high school and they are constantly trying to form a band...they change their band name almost daily. One problem though, they need instruments and more members. Anyway, the real theme to this book is growing up and high school experiences. Now that is the main theme as of page 100. But reading the inside flap, things are going to really start moving. When Tom Henderson, aka King Dork, discovers his father's copy of the Catcher in the Rye by Salinger, apparently there's a mystery to be solved.

So far a refreshing, funny book.

8/1/07
I finished the book and there are parts that literally had me laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes!! (The French class part...read it!!!)

No comments: