Saturday, December 8, 2007

The End of a Childhood


Just finished this book. It's written by a local Lake Mills man. Basically it's about how his mother and sister are driving him to college and how he remembers his childhood along the way. I enjoyed several chapters; in particular, the chapter where he wrestles for the regional championship for the L-Cats. The other chapter I liked was the one where he and his emotionally distant dad go to Boy Scout camp.

I think this is a good read for townies like me.

2 comments:

[Carina] the created said...

ha ha townies, nice. it sounds like a good book. i might give it a read after i read the other five million other books im in the middle of lol i swear there are so many books out there and not enough time to read them. grrrr. but im sure i get time to read that one it sound good.

ps so he talks about his child hood in lake mills?

Mrs. Bade said...

Yeah!
I'm a townie!!! Never thought that would happen!
It's extra interesting for me to read because I know some of the coaches he had etc.
I totally agree about not having enough time to read all the books I want to!!! Especially at the HS level. When I was at the elem. school, I could read lots of books in a weekend. Not here!